THE ART OF THE PITCH
Registration opens January 2018
PACK A VERBAL TOOLKIT FOR ANY ROOM
SPEAK CONFIDENTLY ABOUT YOUR WORK
KNOW HOW TO READ YOUR AUDIENCE
How Does It Work?
1. Written course content released weekly over 5 weeks.
2. Homework, designed to help you take a project, any project, and develop a pitch.
3. A formula to make that process work for all your projects.
4. Four live Q&A sessions
5. Live reviews of real pitch concepts from students.
6. Opportunities to test drive your pitch during the live Q&A
(yes, you may have the option to get “on stage” with us. It’s a safe space!)
This course is for You if:
1. You talk to people about what you do Online, in Email, via Skywriting, etc.
2. You negotiate pricing for your work
3. You deal with social anxiety for those all important live events or portfolio reviews
4. You want to network effectively, meet people, and make friends
And certainly if you have a project you’re working on be it a crowdfunding campaign or a newsletter, the live workshop* will boost to get to you the finish line.
Registration opens March 2017
What Is A Pitch? How Do I Put One Together?
Find out what a good pitch should sound, read, or look like. We pitch in multiple mediums and this lesson will cover all of them.
Where Do I Pitch?
Spoiler: everywhere all the time. But specifically, Mallory will cover how to network, how to find possible homes for your project, how to decide if you need assistance from an agency, and how to decide if an interested company is right for your project.
How Do I Pitch?
Includes how to talk about your project in person and online or in email, pitch etiquette, how to win over your audience, and an email template.
How Do You Know When You’re Ready To Pitch?
Know when you’ve got your pitch locked. Includes editorial direction, market research, pitch checklist and project development.
What Do I Do Now?
You don’t pitch and run, there’s a post pitch procedure. This includes follow up etiquette, how to go forward with a successful pitch, when to change your pitch and how to keep your momentum going.
After working with Mallory, you will: